POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : XRay Test : Re: XRay Test Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:22:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: XRay Test
From: mone
Date: 13 Oct 2009 20:20:00
Message: <web.4ad518671466e24f66e6d7c00@news.povray.org>
"Chris B" <nom### [at] nomailcom> wrote:
> Render of a skull using the slope pattern:
>
> #declare XRayTexture = texture {
>   pigment {
>     slope{z}
>     pigment_map {
>       [0    color rgbt 2*<1,1,1,0.1>]
>       [0.75 color rgbt <0.1,0.6,2,1>]
>       [1    color rgbt <1,1,1,1>]
>     }
>   }
>   finish {ambient 1}
> }
>
> object{
>   skull26__null__
>   translate 0.1*x
>   texture {XRayTexture}
>   no_shadow
> }
>
> object{
>   skull26__null__
>   rotate -y*90
>   texture {XRayTexture}
>   no_shadow
> }

Very cool! Looks terrific.
I think I will try it with a more simple object first, since I always have
problems to imagine how this slope maps really work. There also was a slope map
x-ray version with MakeHuman, but I didn't succeed to apply it to another
object. But obviously this slope map pattern is very versatile if one knows, how
to handle it. Thanks for the nice code.

And thanks to all the other good suggestions! I might try them one after
another.

Regards,

Simone